Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling

Rating: 5 Stars
*Spoiler Alert*
I just loved this book! Just yesterday I got myself a copy and couldn't put it down! Mrs J.K Rowling's works always had that effect on me. The introduction gave me a peculiar feeling that washed over me in waves and made me want to cry, especially when I came to the part I read about the Second Wizarding War and when I read the bit that reminded us what Professor Dumbledore said about truth to his ‘favourite and most famous pupil,' and we all know who that was. Then I recognised that what I felt was nostalgia.


I thoroughly enjoyed Professor Dumbledore's notes, this had also given me this feeling of home sickness when he refers to Hogwarts, when I know that everything's over, but then again, it never really would ever end to me, in my hearts of hearts
 .

The Warlock's Hairy Hart kind of spooked me out in the end. The fountain of Fair Fortune is my second favourite, with The Tale of Three Brothers being number one. The actual fountain I observed, after a second examination, had the mark of the Deathly Hallows at the bottom and I recognised some others as Egyptian and that it was a dragon that spouted the water. Oh, and Bibbity Rabbity had me laughing, that she did.

What I also liked about Beedle’s tales was that every story had a moral, making this collection a bedtime read for little witches, wizards and muggles alike(maybe with the exception of the Warlock, a story for much older children, so I must agree a little with Beatrix Bluxom , though I feel she had really over reacted, but I do believe that the woman's a bit off her rocker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment